Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Going for the Perfect Storm

(Dad has taken the computer over and asked to post something tonight)

[NOTE - I WAITED UNTIL 4.2.08 SO YOU'D NOT THINK IT WAS APRIL FOOL'S JOKE]

Ok, we are nearing the end of the "Make Baby, Build House, Construction Loan Interest (UGH!), Blood Pressure, Worst Stomach Virus EVER, Diesel up 171%, Sell House - all in 40 weeks" stress test and I'm thinking..... What can I do to take it to the "next level"?

Only thing I can think of is to entertain the thought of changing jobs! Well, more like positions.

Our Administrator is leaving after 19 year's of service and I'm throwing my hat into the ring. I may get it tossed back, but you've got to enter to win. This would be a definite step up the career ladder for me. Best part is that of all the drama items in the 40 week stress test - this is the only one that comes with a safety net of sorts - I don't have to resign my current position to compete for this job. And hey, after sitting for 6 years, the resume needed some polishing.

Not sure how long the selection process will take, but I'll keep you posted. The Administrator's last day is the end of May, so hopefully the process will wrap up pretty quickly to provide for a transition period.

No comments: